Risk Management Solutions
Quickly identify areas of potential risk, and be able to manage and mitigate risks from an enterprise, plant or unit level.
Compare a consistent risk profile across the enterprise to help address resources and planned mitigation efforts
Track risk mitigation schedule and report site and enterprise mitigation status
Use Bow Tie methodologies to identify hazards, cause, consequence, and Mitigate them with barriers.
Identify and assign action items from risk planning or review sessions, and track them to completion.
Document and manage personnel competencies to ensure that adequate resources are available to make proper safety and risk management decisions.
Click on Image to Zoom
SLM V2 HAZOP
Our all new HAZOP in SLM v2 has been designed to replace the legacy PHA/HAZOP software tools of the past. This dynamic software tool not not only offers an all new HAZOP Quick Workflow™ to accelerate HAZOP studies and quickly view and enter HAZOP data, but gives organizations the ability to standardize their PHA processes and methodologies. Instant reports and KPI's reduce the cost of third-party experts, and the underlying data allows SMEs the ability to assess and fine tune how the organization executes risk management.
- (New) HAZOP Quick Workflow™ that allows you to quickly work through a HAZOP Study linking equipment, nodes, deviations, and scenarios in a real-time collaborative way.
- (New) HAZOP Template Report that lists the all HAZOP, Nodes, Deviations, and Scenarios in one complete output to review, email, print, and share with your team or across the organization.
- (New) HAZOP Recommendations Report that shows all recommendations from a HAZOP in a simple filterable display to help identify the areas of highest priority for resolution and further study.
- (New) Critical Equipment List Report that quickly identifies which equipment is critical to the safety of your plant and how that equipment is covered.
- (New) Generate Action Items for further analysis or study by the HAZOP team directly from HAZOP/LOPA Recommendations your 1-click away from assigning a task and tracking it to closure.
- (Enhancement) Create HAZOP’s directly from the plant hierarchy at the unit level to quickly start your HAZOP Studies and drive operational awareness.
SLM HAZOP FEATURES
Designed to be the successor to legacy PHA/HAZOP software tools, the HAZOP Module not only offers an intuitive Human-Machine Interface (UI) to accelerate HAZOP studies and quickly view HAZOP data, but gives organizations the ability to standardize their processes. Instant reports reduce the cost of 3rd party experts, and the underlying data allows SMEs the ability to study how the organization executes risk management.
- HAZOP Workflow: Perform HAZOP Studies
- Configure HAZOP Workflow to Company
- Standards and Procedures
- Conduct Project HAZOPs
- View HAZOP Data by Plant, Area and Unit
- Configurable Data Views
- Determine Equipment at Risk in
- HAZOP Scenarios
- HAZOP Dynamic Risk Matrix
- HAZOP and LOPA Scenario Links
- Assets and Equipment Links Throughout
- the Lifecycle
- Import Existing HAZOP Data
- Track HAZOP Recommendation Gap Closures
- Safeguard Lists
SLM HAZOP BENEFITS
- Intuitive and responsive UI and document links reduce HAZOP study time
- Comparison of site’s HAZOP execution
- Maintain multiple ongoing HAZOP studies
- Standardization: customize data views based on
- site and enterprise standards
- Online and offline HAZOP submission and
- Review of multiple concurrent HAZOPs Hazards are displayed on your Dynamic
- Dynamic Risk Matrix and Recommendations
- Copy previous HAZOP studies and save time Quickly reference safeguard lists
SLM HAZOP DATA OUTPUTS AND REPORTS
The following Data and Reports are part of the SLM V2 core HAZOP Module.
Managed HAZOP Data :
- HAZOP Studies by Site, and Operational Unit
- HAZOP Study Types (HAZOP of Record, Project, Re-Evaluation)
- HAZOP Dynamic Risk Matrix
- HAZOP Dynamic Risk Report
- Study Properties
- Team Participants
- Study Equipment
- Scenario Causes
- Scenario Consequences
- Scenarios with Suggested Safeguards and Recommendations
- HAZOP Recommendations
- HAZOP Safeguards
- HAZOP Report
- HAZOP Approval Workflow
- Approved HAZOP Study List Dynamic Risk Matrix
- HAZOP Critical Equipment List
- HAZOP Inherent Risk Chart
- HAZOP Recommendations
- HAZOP Re-Evaluation Timeline
- HAZOP Review
- HAZOP Safeguard List
- HAZOP Scenarios Requiring LOPA vs. LOPAs Performed
Click on Image to Zoom
SLM V2 LOPA
The SLM v2 LOPA Module now provides intuitive worksheets to standardize your LOPA process and conduct IPL Assessments. The Dynamic Risk Matrix is configurable to your risk ranking system and severities, and offers real-time risk monitoring and identification. Dynamic reports and KPIs reveal unmitigated risks to allow for IPL gap closure scheduling and progress status. These reports offer unprecedented review of risk mitigation strategies. New features and enhancements in our v2 LOPA module include:
- (New) LOPA Recommendations can be automatically added to the Action Item Tracker to ensure all recommendations are mitigated and addressed in a timely manner.
- (New) Critical Instrument List was added to the LOPA module to provide a list of “equipment at risk” identified during a LOPA Study along with the highest risk in each of the equipment's associated LOPA Sheets.
- (Enhanced) LOPA Template Report that identifies all LOPA worksheets contained in the LOPA Study, in alphabetical order.
- (Enhanced ) LOPA Recommendations Report that lists all LOPA recommendations in a user filterable display and provides direct links so the user can open up a LOPA recommendation Registry View and modify or work with the recommendations of the LOPA.
- (Enhanced) IPL Register Report now supports Drag and Drop functionality for sorting and grouping and Export of IPL Register data as well as visibility at the Enterprise, Site and Unit Levels.
- (Enhancement) Guided workflow messages to help users import and work with HAZOP data in the LOPA module.
- (Enhancement) The LOPA Dynamic Risk Matrix is now shown at Unit level to allow for Unit level DRM analysis. A filter has also been added to the DRM to allow filtering by Unit, and users can toggle the ability to “View DRM with Recommendations”
- (Enhancement) Default LOPA Worksheet has been reorganized and designed to increase readability and printing allowing for a simplified page flow.
- (Enhancement) LOPA Worksheet Consequence Severity dropdown selections now display the severity value with its descriptions to aid in easily selecting the consequence severity.
- (Enhancement) LOPA Studies submitted for approval, now include the associated LOPA worksheets as part of the approval.
SLM LOPA FEATURES
The LOPA Module provides intuitive worksheets to standardize your LOPA process and conduct IPL Assessments. The Dynamic Risk Matrix is configurable and offers real-time risk monitoring and identification. Instant reports and KPIs reveal unmitigated risks to allow IPL gap closure scheduling and progress. These reports offer unprecedented review of risk mitigation strategies.
- Create LOPAs from Generic Templates
- LOPA Approval Process with Email Notification
- IPL Gap Closure Tracking and Scheduling
- Dynamic Risk Matrix
- Link IPLs to SRS
- Import LOPAs from 3rd Party Platforms
- Generate IPL Registers
- LOPA and IPL Recommendation Tracking
- Import HAZOP Scenarios from HAZOP Module
SLM LOPA BENEFITS
Conduct LOPAs with built in LOPA worksheets using scenarios readily available a click away in the HAZOP module. Intuitive interface and automatic calculation of Pass/Fail status based on required Risk Reduction Factor (RRF) simplifies LOPAs. Asset synchronization from defined IPLs makes instrumented and non-instrumented systems available in other modules. LOPA data can even be imported from other industry tools. Automatically populate your IPL Registers and complete IPL Assessments with easy, user-friendly Tasklist functionality.
- Monitor current risks
- View IPL assessment completion status
- Customizable Risk Matrix
- IPL credit comparison between similar unit types Quickly identify IPLs by type
SLM LOPA DATA OUTPUTS AND REPORTS
The following Data and Reports are part of the SLM V2 core LOPA Module.
Managed LOPA Data:
- LOPA Dynamic Risk Matrix
- Risk Gap Report Planed Risk Reduction by Year
- LOPA Equipment Listing
- IPL Register (Enterprise, Site and Unit)
- Credited IPL Register (Site, Unit)
- LOPA Recommendations (Site, Unit)
- LOPA Studies
- LOPA Worksheets
- PHA Consequences and Risk Target
- Frequency Modifiers
- Initiating Causes (IC) x Frequency Modifiers
- Independent Protection Layers (IPLs)
- Probability of Failure on Demand (PFD) of SIF
- Potential Risk Reduction Measures
- Remaining Risk Reduction Factor (RRF) with Recommendations
- Notes, Comments, Calculations
- IPL Study Tasklists
- LOPA Recommendations and Action Items
- Credited IPLs vs. Recommended IPLs
- Dynamic Risk Matrix
- IPL Assessment Overview
- IPL Credit Breakdown
- IPL Credit By Unit Type
- LOPA Critical Equipment List
- LOPA IPL Register
- LOPA Recommendations
- LOPA Sheets with Open Recommendations
- LOPA Worksheets List
- Safety Critical Instrument List
BowTie Barrier Assurance
Click Image to Zoom
SLM V2 BOWTIE BARRIER ASSURANCE
The Barrier Assurance Bow Tie Module incorporates your existing hazard analysis data to facilitate Risk Analysis and Risk Assessments on your mitigation and prevention barriers. Bow Tie analysis is becoming increasingly common at communicating important risk mitigation measures for a wide range of facilities. Integration with the evergreen data in the LOPA Module ensures analysis is using the most up-to-date information at your organization’s fingertips. Bow Ties provide a visual and interactive experience; allowing users to identify preventive and mitigating barriers. With the barrier assurance workflow, users have a complete picture of all barrier levels to determine the total risk of a hazardous event within the plant. New features, enhancements and fixes to the Barrier Assurance module include:
- (New) Automatically Create Bow Ties using existing LOPA studies with an all new LOPA import workflow that guides the user through the import and linking process.
- (New) Approve Bow Tie assessments using our standard Approval Workflow to ensure Bow Ties of record are easily managed and tracked.
- (New) Bow Tie Analysis Assessment checklist and workflow ensures each area of investigation has been identified, and conformance to barrier assessment protocols have been met.
- (Enhancement) Link Bow Tie assessment data throughout the system allowing free flow of data or inclusion of Bow Tie reference data as part of an overall enterprise safety plan.
- (Enhancement) Add unlimited threats, hazards,mitigations and consequences to your Bow Tie Assessments ensuring that all areas of assessment are covered.
- (Enhancement) Export Bow Tie data Via PDF or Excel to share in external communications, presentations, or risk assessment meetings.
SLM BOWTIE BARRIER ASSURANCE MODULE FEATURES
The Bow Tie Module incorporates your existing hazard analysis data to facilitate Risk Analysis and Risk Assessments on your mitigation and prevention barriers. Bow Tie analysis is becoming increasingly common at communicating important risk mitigation measures for a wide range of facilities. Integration with the evergreen data in the LOPA Module ensures analysis is using the most up-to-date information at your organization’s fingertips. Bow Ties provide a visual and interactive experience; allowing users to identify preventive and mitigating barriers. With the barrier assurance workflow, users have a complete picture of all barrier levels to determine the total risk of a hazardous event within the plant.
- Automatically Create Bow Ties Using Existing LOPA Data
- Bow Tie Approval Workflow
- Data Linkage to Other Modules
- Bow Tie Analysis Assessment Checklist
- Intuitive Graphical Interface
- Add Unlimited Threats, Hazards, Mitigations and
- Export Via PDF or Excel
- Barrier Assurance Checklists and Workflows
SLM BOWTIE BARRIER ASSURANCE MODULE BENEFITS
Execute the Bow Tie methodology using your existing HAZOP and LOPA data to conduct Risk Analysis and Risk Assessments on your mitigation and prevention barriers. As a single source for all safety lifecycle data, SLM incorporates data from other modules to use in the Bow Tie Module. Avoid from-scratch analysis by using the most up-to-date information at your fingertips.
- User-friendly User Experience makes the Bow Tie module easy to use and learn
- Automatic data transfer saves time and money Enhanced quality control through
- approval workflow
- Increased collaboration and accessibility to data Supporting information is readily available
- Track assigned action items
SLM V2 BOWTIE BARRIER ASSURANCE DATA OUTPUTS AND REPORTS
The following Data and Reports are part of the SLM V2 core BowTie Barrier Assurance Module.
Managed BowTie Barrier Assurance Data:
- Preventative Barriers
- Barrier Assurance Checklists for Preventative Barriers
- Consequences (Type, Effectiveness, Criticality)
- Mitigation Barriers (Type Effectiveness, Criticality)
- Barrier Assurance Checklist's for Mitigation Barriers
- Bow Tie Task Lists
BowTie Barrier Assurance Reports:
- Bow Ties
- Bow Ties Fit For Service Results
Functional Safety Assessments (FSA)
Click Image to Zoom
NEW IN SLM V2 FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ASSESSMENT (FSA) MODULE
SLM provides a framework means of standardizing the inputs and results of FSAs, and allows an organization to leverage FSAs for tangible improvements in SIS design and operation. Using SLM’s FSA Module for the execution and documentation of FSAs expedites the process and ensures consistency in assessing the functional and systematic requirements of your SIS. New features and enhancements to the Functional Safety Assessments module include:
- (New) Functional Safety Plan, located at the site level in the FSA Module. The “Functional Safety Plan” template shows a complete Functional Safety Plan overview, and safety organogram detailing the hierarchy of functional safety roles and responsibilities within a sites functional safety plan. The Plan breaks down the Functional Safety Lifecycle Phases and shows a task list of items that should be completed as part of a Functional Safety Plan.
SLM FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ASSESSMENT (FSA) MODULE FEATURES
The SLM Functional Safety Assessment module allows you to readily complete a Stage 1 through Stage 5 FSA in a standardized format – ensuring consistency throughout your organization. This tool allows you to define requirements for an FSA and then use the application to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of execution.
The integration of all Safety Life Cycle data provided by SLM also allows for effective integration of FSA data with other critical data such as HAZOP and LOPA studies, Safety Requirements Specifications and SIS performance.
Perform Site Assessments
Perform SIS Audits
Standardize or Modify FSA Checklists
Track Completion Using Checklists for Self and External SIS Assessments
Track Action Items Identified During Execution of FSA
Conformance Criteria Assessment
SLM FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ASSESSMENT (FSA) MODULE BENEFITS
Report SLM provides a framework means of standardizing the inputs and results of FSAs, and allows an organization to leverage FSAs for tangible improvements in SIS design and operation. Using Report’ FSA Module for the execution and documentation of FSAs expedites the process and ensures consistency in assessing the functional and systematic requirements of your SIS.
- FSA workflow guides users through assessments
- Easily access data and improve collaboration and sharing
- Sites can execute and easily access SIS audits
- System can be shaped around site and enterprise procedures; avoiding costly organizational change
- Maintain visibility of ongoing FSAs at unit, site and enterprise level
- Workflows expedite FSA process and saves you time and money
- Customized auto-populated final reports for instant documentation of results
- Track conformance to standards by SIS, site and enterprise
SLM FUNCTIONAL SAFETY ASSESSMENT (FSA) MODULE DATA & REPORTS
The following Data and Reports are part of the SLM V2 core Functional Safety Assessments Module.
- Functional Safety Plan
- Organogram of Safety Plan and Roles
- FSA Overview
- Self Assessment Overview
- SIS Audit Overview
- KPI CAS Overview
- 3 Stage, 4 Stage, 5 Stage FSA Workflows
- Action Item Assignment and Resolution
- Introduction and Summary
- Functional Safety Plan Report
- Functional Safety Assessment Report
- FSA Checklists Completion
- FSA SSRS Final Report
Action Item Tracker
Click Image to Zoom
NEW IN SLM V2 ACTION ITEM TRACKER
The Action Item Tracker Module is a centralized area where users can access assigned action item information pulled from all modules for action or reporting. Data relating to the action item is linked across modules and readily available for reference purposes. Customized reports and KPIs are available with a click of the mouse. New features and enhancements to the Action Item Tracker module include:
- (Enhanced) Action Item Tracker Views and Reports. Views per object are added at the Enterprise, Site, Unit, level: Open Action Items, Closed Action Items. At the Site level: Open Action Items, Closed Action Items. At the Unit level: Open Action Items, Closed Action Items ad At Personnel level: Stand Alone Action Items.
- (Enhancement) Stand Alone Action Item Enhancement allows users to create stand-alone action items and utilize the built-in notification system to assign these items to other users.
SLM ACTION ITEM TRACKER FEATURES
The Action Item Tracker Module is a centralized location where users can create and access assigned action item information from all modules for follow-up and reporting. Data relating to the action item is linked across modules and readily available for reference purposes. Custom reports and KPIs are available with a click of the mouse.
- Filterable Data on Enterprise Action Items
- Configurable Dashboard and KPI Reporting
- Single Source of Knowledge for Action Item Status
- Convenient Access to Related Actions
- Custom Fields and Configurable Action Item List
- Integration with In-House Solutions
- Mobile Solutions
- Reporting and File Attachments
SLM ACTION ITEM TRACKER BENEFITS
The Action Item Tracker Module is a centralized area where users can access assigned action item information pulled from all modules for action or reporting. Data relating to the action item is linked across modules and readily available for reference purposes. Customized reports and KPIs are available with a click of the mouse.
- Transparency to all action items provided for management
- Simplified approval processing and tracking of action items by plant, area, unit and personnel
- Efficient forecasting of deadlines and critical path items
- Timely project and initiative completion
SLM V2 ACTION ITEM TRACKER DATA & REPORTS
The following Data and Reports are part of the SLM V2 core Action Item Tracker Module.
- Action Item Assignment
- Action Item Dashboard
- Personnel Assignment
- Open Action Items
- Closed Action Items
- Action Id
- Date Created
- Reference Contact
- Linked Object Reference
- Action Items Assigned
- Open Action Types
- Action Item Summary
Signup for a Demonstration
Sign up for a demonstration of our award winning Safety Lifecycle Management platform.
And See why SLM V2 has redefined safety lifecycle management